Friday, January 5, 2007

The new year

It's already the fifth day of the new year and I've still not written anything in my dairy. I guess I could put in the essential things like my blood group and who needs to be informed in the event I'm in an accident. That's kind of gross, isn't it? I mean, that's almost like putting down in writing who has to collect your body from the morgue. I used to know someone who wanted very much to be assasinated. He wasn't popular or infamous. I guess though, in hindsight, that being a philosophy student was reason enough for many people to want to knock him off. Why do people dislike philosophy students? I always found them very interesting to speak to. If I live to be 50, I'd like to do a second degree in philosophy.
I miss my uni friends a lot. I miss the conversations we used to have. I especially miss my best mate. She's a great deal younger than I am yet she is an absolute reservoir of knowledge. And compassion. That's important because it's useless to be really smart of you're heartless.
I was awake from 1.30 last night till almost 5 in the morning. I should get some sleep now. But chances are I'll lie in bed for hours with words dancing in my head. I had a brilliant new poem in my head last night but I made the horrendous mistake of not writing it down immediately. I'll think I'll write some more in my poetry blog now.
Goodnight and sweet dreams!

6 comments:

Ned said...

Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to your next post. I've read through your entire blog a while ago and have been checking for updates every day or so. You mentioned that you were going to read Wuthering Heights. I read that book a long time ago and I liked it, but I remember my fondness for Anne Bronte's novels. Have you read any of their poetry? How can I find your poetry blog? Hope you're doing okay.

bellabrinda said...

Hello Ned,
Thanks for the comment. Do I know you? I've tried looking for your blog in vain. Send me your blog address; I'd love to read it.

Ned said...

No, you don't know me. Last month when I was feeling a certain way I typed a few words into Google and your blog came up. I liked what I read and have come back since. I don't have a blog of my own, sorry. My condolences on the loss of your friend. Two-and-a-half weeks ago I found out a coworker of mine (whom I knew well enough) had taken his own life a week before Christmas. I found out by walking downstairs at the main office where I work and there was a memory table they had set up. Had I known, I would have attended his funeral, but I had been off from work for Christmas break and no one had bothered to call me. Needless to say, I was in shock for the rest of the day. You must be going through a hard time, losing your grandma and now your friend.

bellabrinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bellabrinda said...

Hi Ned, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It must have been awful to find out about his death so long after it happened. I know because that's what happened to me too. I only found out last week that she had died in early December. I had emailed and smsed her so many times last month but she never replied. So I just assumed that she was on her way down to Victoria. A couple of years ago, a friend of mine hanged himself at home. I never thought he had been in so much pain that he had to take his life to end his suffering. Life is so strange, isn't it? You know, you should start a blog because you write well. If you email me, (my email address can be found at my blogshop), I'll send you the address for my poetry blog. By the way, which part of the world are you in?

Ned said...

Just a quick reply. I'll send you an email soon. I don't have time to send you one at the moment and I'd like to put some thought into it. I live in the eastern part of the United States. Thank you for the compliment on my writing. It's funny, because one of my prayers is to speak and to write well, because I don't think I do either, and I'm asked to do both quite a bit, ironically.