Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last day of the year

I haven't been writing for many days because I've not been well. I am feeling a little better today and I had a small glass of wine. That was nice. My parents and I decided to bring in the new year a little earlier in the day.
I watched the news yesterday but it was purely by accident that I switched on the telly. You see, I usually spend some time in the morning reading the papers but the papers these days have got nothing really interesting in them. So after breakfast, I switched on the telly, looking forward to a lazy day to be spent resting on the couch. And there was Larry King saying that the hanging was going to take place soon. I don't know. I didn't feel any sadness at his passing. Say what you want about the trial, but at the end of the day it wasn't a saint who went to the gallows. I think if you live and breathe violence, you don't get a pretty end. I just hope that peace will one day come to that land. It was the cradle of civilisation at one time. You know, not everyone is given that much power to exercise over so many people. He could have done good with it if he had chosen. He blew it big time.
I'm going to watch 'Borat' with a mate when I get better. I am looking forward to that so much. I've seen the shots and I think they're hysterically funny.
Oh, my good friend sent me an sms last night saying that she needed to go on friendly dates and to set her up with eligible men I know. She also said to play down the desperate element. I thought it was so cute that I sent it out to all my friends. One friend smsed back almost immediately with two guys in mind. One seems too shy and the other too young. But then, should I be fussy? I do like someone but he lives far, far away. He's cute. Real cute. We've been friends for some years. But nothing more. Oh well, he is far, far away.
My mum made this fabulous curry today and I think I'm going to have more of it in a bit. Maybe there are good things to look forward to in the new year after all. Like getting off this stupid medication that's causing all my pains, for starters...
Oh, I've set up my poetry blog. but I've only put in one poem as yet. I'll put in more later. Okay, I'll sign off now. I hope you have a brilliant new year and take care of yourself.
Kisses!

No comments: