Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The answer is 42...

I have had a truly hard time since I last wrote here. I had the misfortune of seeing someone very close and dear to me be very ill over the weekend and it scared me that she would never be better. I guess it is at that point that one realises how fragile life really is. Isn't it almost funny how life never fails to give us blows beneath the belt?

And so I've been seriously stuffing my face with copius amounts of butter cookies. Tonight I feel like fruit cake. My sis told me yesterday about this absolutely fantabulous cake that she had baked. It seems though that it has mysteriously disappeared. Methinks me nephews had something to do with that...

I finally finished that book. No, I shan't tell you whether the little girl had indeed be speaking to God. That's something you need to discover for yourself only by reading the book. I found out from someone that strange things happen when you least expect them to. I wonder though whether God needs anti-depressants seeing the mess human beings have created on this planet. I think some of us should never have come down from the trees.

I am rereading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". That's a book that never fails to cheer me up. I remember reading it in Brisbane, having borrowed it and the rest of Adam's books from my then-landlord, the Robert Plant fan. If you haven't read it, you should.

I am considering setting up another blog for my poetry. No, it's not as bad as Vogon poetry - not even by a long shot! But I have second thoughts (about setting up the blog and not the standard of my poetry) because I don't want some oddball out in cyberspace lifting my poems and saying it's his/hers. So, if you want to read my poetry and not compare it with Vogon poetry, email me and let me know. If I'm in a good mood, I'll send a poem off to you.

Okay, fruit cake time!!

No comments: