Sunday, December 24, 2006

The mind is not an organ

I'm feeling like I've just been run over by a truck. My head is hurting terribly and my eyes are runny. Or should my nose be runny? Well, you get the picture. I'm not feeling well and that's just fine because it fits perfectly with my mood.
I don't particularly enjoy the end-of-the-year festivities. In fact, I dread them. I hate parties that take place especially on New Year's Eve. I don't understand why people feel the need to wish one another "Happy New Year". With the way the world is going, what is there really to be so happy about a new year? More pollution? More crime? More children forced into prostitution? More animals being harmed? More people to die of some wretched illness? More misery? More loneliness? I don't know, I really don't.
I know I'm whinging. And I'm enjoying it. You know what's even better than being in a foul mood? Spreading it!! Haha!!
I should take this time on my hands to sort out my books. I have bought books through the year that I haven't had the time to read. I should be able to finish "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by tomorrow at the latest and then I plan to settle down with "Wuthering Heights". I know, that's quite a change in scenery but I'm like that.
Perhaps I'm a serial bookiser. You know how there are people who flirt from one person to another? Well, the difference is that I love my books. Every single one.

No comments: